Thursday, July 30, 2009

Part 0: Title & Thesis Statement

Jacob & The Losties vs. Team Nemesis(aka The Smoke Monster, aka Cerberus aka The Three Grandmasters): A Critical Evaluation of Lost Based On Timeless Concepts of Good & Evil & A Detailed Analysis of Dialog & Symbolism

Just a little FYI, these 4 parts were the foundation for the post Lost SOLVED, so if you've read that, there's no reason to read through these...it's pretty much just evidence I had gathered.

My basic premise is that we can determine which persons and what events were influenced by the Light side (Jacob) or the Dark side(Team Nemesis), based on the two opposing methods and perspectives that Jacob & his Nemesis demonstrate during the opening moments of The Incident. I also believe that we can determine some of what lies in store for Lost, in particular, the very final moment of the show.

There are many theories of mine that I've incorporated into this macro-analysis, and I'll do my best to substantiate all of my claims as they come up, though I can't promise I'll remember every iota of evidence that has led me to these conclusions over the years. I invite criticism and questions, for they often help me remember additional pieces of evidence.

I'd also like to stress that Jacob & Team Nemesis are very likely just the PERSONIFICATIONS of Good & Evil, God & The Devil, Horus & Set, etc. All I'm suggesting is that whether they are men, deities, aliens, ghosts, nanobots, or computer programs...they are based on classic representations of Good & Evil. I'm not certain the writers will LITERALLY call them deities or gods, nor do I think it's important they do so...Lost is often best when people reach their own conclusions. That said, I do believe that Jacob has god-like powers...there may prove to be rational explanations(at least by Lost standards) for how he can heal people, live forever, and know everything, but for the time being I'm not concerned with HOW he happens to have these powers, but merely substantiating that he does.

And for the record, I'm an Atheist...so no agenda here other than figuring out this damn show.

No comments: